Monday, April 29, 2013

March 7 WWMD? What would Martha (Stewart) do?


I told Karen and Nikki about my conversation with Ed.  Karen said she was surprised that we had any energy to talk at night, let along think up hypothetical situations.
Nikki wanted to know if I asked Ed what he would do about his “needs”.

I said, “His mom would help out.”
“No, his needs.” 

“Oh.”  I hadn’t thought of that.
“Ed would never do anything like that,” Karen said loyally.  “Anyway, we’d keep our eyes on him.”

“And besides, he’d be too busy, with the kids and his book and all.”
 “You know,” Karen said, “Nik and I could really write a better book than Ed.  It would be more interesting from a woman’s point of view.”

“Knock yourself out,” I said.  “There’d be no sense in my doing it, since a person can’t make money from their own crimes.”
“You could write a novel or something.  You’d have time.”

It almost seemed as if I really was going to jail.  I shivered.
“This is getting weird,” I said.

So we opened another box of thin mints.  It’s Girl Scout Cookie season.

No comments:

Post a Comment