Monday, April 15, 2013

February 19 Reflective Discussion with the Girls, Mrs. Fields, Ben and Jerry

As everybody probably said at the obsequies, it was a beautiful day for the funeral.  I didn’t go, but I said a prayer for Margaret.  Of course, by now she is well established in heaven; she’s probably had tea with Barbara Pym and Agatha Christie.  I guess she said hi to Jesus, too.

Karen, Nikki and I got together at Nikki’s house for girls’ night in (after we’d gotten dinner for the troops at home; you know how it is).  They wanted to hear all the details.  After the second glass of wine, we started talking about heaven.  We decided that:

1.        You got to know anything you wanted. We all decided we wanted to know the truth about the Kennedy assassination.  I said I wanted to know if Elizabeth the First was really a virgin and they said I was naïve.

2.       You can eat anything you want and not get fat.  If you are fat when you die, you will become your perfect weight.

3.       You can meet famous people and they will be gracious. You may even become friends with them.  Nikki, who is not religious, said that some people, like Elvis, wouldn’t have time.  I explained that should we be there ten thousand years there would be no less days to schmooze than when we’d first begun.  I’m the only church goer (or, as Nikki says, church lady) among us.  Karen is spiritual, but not religious.

4.       You can drink and abuse drugs, but it won’t hurt you.

5.       We didn’t get to discussing sex in heaven until the third glass.  And since I’m a church lady, I’m too embarrassed to tell you what was said.

Dear Reader:  What are your ideas about heaven? And what do you think of ours?
To comment, click on "No Comments."  (It confused me too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment