Tuesday, April 23, 2013

February 27 WWMMD? (What would Miss Marple do?)


Karen, Nikki, and I have decided to take a road trip past Margaret’s house and to her grave.  Of course we couldn’t do it last night, since we wouldn’t be able to see anything and by the time we thought of it we’d had two glasses of wine. 
But we had a good time anyway.

Karen thinks Margaret had something going on with somebody.  Nikki thinks she had been involved with something illegal and had had to be whacked.  I found it hard to believe either of Margaret.  Maybe she had accidentally found out something and had to be silenced.
“Like what?” Karen wanted to know.

“Somebody was embezzling church funds.”  (As anyone who has had anything to do with church business can tell you, this happens more often than you would imagine.  Just bring it up among a group of clergy and you’ll get enough material for at least ten mystery novels.)  “Or somebody stole something at the library.   We do have a rare book collection.”
“Or maybe she found out about somebody’s affair.”  Karen has always been a romantic. 

Then we discussed me as a suspect.  Naturally, I wouldn’t be doing anything illegal.  So that just left affairs of the heart. I could have killed her because Ed was having an affair with her.  We all laughed at that, since an affair would be too much trouble for Ed.  Actually, I’m a better candidate.  Even though I’m not gay, I might take the trouble for the right person.  In my imagination, that is.  Not that there’s anything wrong with being a Lesbian.  Maybe she had wanted me to leave Ed and had threatened to go public.  Or she was going to dump me and I didn’t want anyone else to have her.  Or Ed had found out and killed her.  I like to think he would have taken the trouble to do that at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment