Monday, February 15, 2016

McDonald's Marathon - Emily's Progress on the Road to True Love

Emily’s still getting together with us on Fridays, since she hasn’t met anyone yet.

“I tried the Unitarians, but there were all these middle-aged guys who had just been dumped or left their wives and were trying to prove how cool they were.  I didn’t even tell them I was a Lesbian.  It just would have encouraged them.”

She had had a little better luck with Epiphany, Kate’s church. “Everyone was very welcoming, but all the women seemed to be in couples.”

“Well, maybe they have friends they’re trying to fix up.  And you never know.  Not all relationships are as wonderful as they seem.”

I felt very sophisticated and worldly saying this, and then I remembered that “worldly” isn’t usually a compliment.

“Maybe Janet can talk to someone and find out what’s up.  She loves that sort of thing.”

Then we got down to the real business.  Missy gave me a double fondue pot for Christmas, and I’d made cheese and chocolate fondues

No comments:

Post a Comment