Friday, May 17, 2013

Obladee, Obladah


I’m glad they found a replacement for Margaret.  Her desk was haunting me.  And everybody was getting more work. My new co-worker's name is Anne.  Her husband is in the Engineering Department and her children are about the same ages as mine.  We’ve been having lunch together and today we went out to get Batman motif things for her son’s birthday.
Maybe we’ll never find out what happened and in ten years or so I’ll be on Cold Case Files as “Charlotte McDonald, Friend and Co-Worker”.  Karen’s hoping that something will turn up, love letters or a confession “to be opened in the event of my death.”
It doesn’t seem right that the loss of anyone in such an awful way should just fizzle out.

But as Nikki says, “Yes, it’s horrible, but you didn’t kill her.”

And what else am I supposed to feel?

So every day I say a prayer for Margaret and her family.  It’s not much, but at least it’s something and it’s all I can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment