Friday, May 10, 2013

Easter Come with joy to meet the Lord, but check your pants first.


Still cold, but at least the sun’s out.  We had a delicious breakfast of hard boiled eggs (Cilla wanted to know why the insides of the eggs were still white.), bunny ears, and jelly beans.  We all like to wait until the Peeps get hard and crunchy (with shreds of Easter grass stuck to them).

We looked like a model family as we filed into church, until Josh took his jacket off and his shirttail was out.  When I tried to tuck it in, he said, “Mom, why are you putting your hand in my pants?”  Of course, he didn’t whisper. 

So I had to say just as loudly, “I’m just fixing your shirt.”

He said “Stop, you’re tickling me.”  Cilla was giggling and Betsey looked pained.  Ed was busy reading the Bulletin.  I looked over and saw that his fly was open.  I finished with Josh, reached across the girls and tapped him on the shoulder.  Then I discretely pointed at his crotch.  He looked puzzled, then shocked, like he thought I wanted to have sex with him.

Fortunately he was able to zip up before the processional.

Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment