Sunday, January 22, 2017

Summing Up the Year From Charlie's Diary


I don't make New Year's resolutions;  it's just one more thing to feel guilty about.  But I like to sum up the year.  What was accomplished?  What was tabled?  What just didn't work out?

They still haven't found out who murdered Margaret and we can't think of anything else to try.  They haven't made a tv show about it yet.  Or at least no one has called about interviewing me as a "friend and co-worker"

My father and Missy are living together in his house and she is getting a divorce.  Betsey and Cilla are planning on being bridesmaids.  I told them not to count on it;  even if they do get married, it may be a very simple ceremony.  When it's your third wedding, you might want to keep a low profile.  Karen and Nikki think they won't be able to withstand the pressure from the girls, not to mention Missy's granddaughters.

One thing has worked out, though.  Emily has a relationship!  Since she was always free on Sunday mornings, she joined the choir at Epiphany,  She and a woman named Hallie started going for coffee after rehearsals.  I asked her if she had had any trouble figuring out if  Hallie was a possibility.

"No, I just came right out and asked her.  It saved a lot of time."

That had never occurred to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment