Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Identifying as Exhausted -- From Charlie's Diary



Well, Michele is back home, supposedly nursing her broken heart and trying to patch things up with Wendy, who now wonders if Michele wasn't the innocent victim of all those women who were after her.

Emily is taking a break from looking for love because she's exhausted from it. She's thinking about joining the choir at Epiphany, since she'll be available every Sunday morning.

Alice will be starting a new job, but it's at a college just a few miles from here and she's keeping her apartment. We're going to miss her, but maybe it's the best thing for her and Emily. We had lunch, but it wasn't to get closure because nothing is closing. I asked her if she was going to be gay or straight at the new school, and she said she wasn't going to be anything unless someone came right out and asked her. Then she might say, “Whatever” or “You tell me and then we'll both know.”

I asked her what she identified as, and she said she was too busy and too tired to identify with anything. I wonder how many people are going to take her to lunch to find out.

School is starting soon and we have to go shopping. Soccer practice has already begun, and I am co-chair of the Fall Festival at church.  Not to mention the election, which I try not to do in order to keep my sanity.

Karen and Nikki and I are planning to get really drunk this Friday



No comments:

Post a Comment