Sunday, February 2, 2014

Betsey's Rebellion, Part 3 (From Charlie's Diary)

Betsey has gone from feeling bad that she doesn’t like Jesus to being rebellious.  Fortunately, she isn’t questioning doctrine.  She just thinks Jesus is “mean.”  Cilla is very concerned and wants me to “please, please, please” call Kate.  I told her that we couldn’t tell anybody because Betsey had asked us not to.  Josh suggested that I could tell Kate I was asking for a friend.  I said that pastors get this a lot and can see through it.  Cilla said maybe Nikki could pretend it was her daughter and that she was embarrassed to talk to her own minister.  I said that not only would that be lying, but it would be getting another person to lie, which is even worse.

I always saw Betsey as the reserved, sensible child, but now I think she’s as intense as Cilla, but quiet about it, which can make a person even more intense.  I just don’t know how she’s going to get along in the world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment